terms and conditions
Welcome to our website dedicated to our brand Heineken® (the “Website”). You should be of legal drinking age in your country to visit the Website.
These Terms apply to all visits to and all use of this Website of Heineken Brouwerijen B.V., located at Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam, the Netherlands ("HEINEKEN"), as well as to all information, recommendations and/or services provided you on or through this Website (the "Information").
By using this Website you agree to the applicability of these Terms. We note that these Terms may be changed over time. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon the posting of the modified Terms. Users of the Website are advised to regularly read the Terms for possible changes.
Information and Liability
The Information is for general information purposes only and does not constitute advice. HEINEKEN shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use (or inability to make use) of this Website, including any incorrectness or incompleteness of the Information, unless such damage is the result of any wilful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of HEINEKEN.
HEINEKEN shall furthermore not be liable for damages that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
Intellectual property rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by HEINEKEN, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You can use the Website only for purposes in line with these Terms. You are permitted to make copies of (parts of) the Website for personal use. You must not use any part of the content on our Website for other purposes without obtaining a written licence from us.
You agree to indemnify us from and against any actions, claims and liabilities arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or any unlawful use of the Website.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms are governed by Dutch law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection to the use of the Website will be settled by the courts of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
HEINEKEN EXCUSE BUSTER
2. The Excuse Buster is a Facebook Messenger tool that guides users through a specific pre-programmed conversation with Heineken. The Excuse Buster offers a subscription service to receive “match reminder” alerts for the 2017 UEFA Champions League games as well as specific promotions.
3. In order to participate in the Excuse Buster, users must be over the legal drinking age of their country of residence and own a Facebook Messenger account.
4. The user has accepted its participation and EB Terms by tapping “Get Started”. In order to provide users with most relevant information and possible promotions, the Excuse Buster requires input from its users.
- User Firstname
- User Lastname
- User Profile picture url (not the image)
- User Location / Timezone
As users continue to interact with the Excuse Buster, the following information will be shared and stored on Heineken or third parties websites or servers for the duration of this campaign:
- Chatbot Entrypoint
- Referrer Firstname
- Referrer Lastname
- Match reminder frequency selection by user (week of match, day of match, none)
- User Country selection
- User State (if country is USA)
6. It is the responsibility of the users to ensure that all details provided are complete, accurate and up to date.
7. All data will be stored for the duration of the campaign and deleted once the Excuse Buster is closed. The campaign ends on 8 June 2017.
8. By using the Excuse Buster all users accept and agree to abide by these rules, terms and conditions.
9. By entering Excuse Buster, all users agree to a complete release of Facebook from any or all liability in connection with this campaign. Heineken acknowledges that the promotion or discounts provided in the Excuse Buster is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Users’ relationship with Facebook is governed by the terms and conditions which can be found on their website. You cannot invoke the Facebook terms and conditions in your legal relationship with Heineken.
10. The offered promotion may differ per country and depends on local applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion offered.
11. Heineken reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this campaign in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
12. The Excuse Buster and its entire contents (including but not limited to all information, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Heineken, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
Heineken Brouwerijen B.V., located at Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam, the Netherlands (“HEINEKEN”) is the controller of the processing of all personal data collected through this website dedicated to our brand Heineken® (the “Website”). HEINEKEN respects your privacy and complies with applicable privacy laws.
HEINEKEN only processes personal data that a user voluntarily provides to Heineken on the Website. This information may include such user’s first and last name, e-mail address, date of birth, address and country of residence. HEINEKEN’s purpose in gathering and transferring such personal data will be to provide a user with services available on the Website, for example to participate in a promotional campaign.
Transfer, storage and processing of data
The transfer, storage and processing of data collected through the Website is secured by means of current, usual technical measures. If your personal data has not been used for 12 months, HEINEKEN will delete your data.
HEINEKEN may transfer your personal data to its group companies. HEINEKEN may also provide your personal data to third parties if needed to provide the services available on the Website, which third parties will process your personal data according to instructions of HEINEKEN and under the responsibility of HEINEKEN. HEINEKEN will not provide your personal data to any other third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.
Access, correction and removal
You can request HEINEKEN to provide access to the personal data it has collected about you at any time. You can also request HEINEKEN to correct or to delete such personal data.
The Website will make use of so-called "cookies". Cookies are small text files that the Website stores on your user device.
Cookies used on the Website
The Website only uses the following cookies and for the following purposes:
- Functional cookies: cookies used to enhance the user friendliness of the Website for visitors. For example, a cookie is placed to remember that you passed the age gate webpage when you are above legal drinking age. Without this cookie, you would have to re-submit this information on every webpage. The functional cookies of the Website that are stored by HEINEKEN on your computer only remain valid during your session on the Website.
- Analytics cookies: HEINEKEN uses Google Analytics cookies, with the purpose to analyse how visitors use the Website. HEINEKEN can then make improvements to the usability of the Website. Google only processes data obtained via the Website in an anonymous form. Please visit www.google.com/analytics for more information on Google Analytics.
Changing your settings
By changing the settings in your web browser, you can establish that you will be given notice if a cookie is stored on your computer. By changing settings, you can also establish that your browser does not accept cookies from this Website.